21 Jun Learn More about CardioMems
Congestive heart failure affects almost 23 million people worldwide, with an incidence of 2 million new patients each year. Management of heart failure requires prolonged and coordinated care for optimal management.
The CardioMEMS HF System is the only FDA-approved heart failure (HF) monitoring system proven to significantly reduce HF hospital admissions and improve quality of life in NYHA class III patients.
CardioMEMS HF System provides physicians with the pulmonary artery pressure monitoring and hemodynamic data to proactively manage their heart failure patients and has been shown to reduce heart failure hospitalizations. This has led to the European Society of Cardiology incorporating the CardioMEMS device into the clinical practice guidelines as a directed therapy management and monitoring tool for heart failure patients. This change reflects the importance of using advanced technologies for management of heart disease and heart failure.
More about CardioMEMS:
- Clinically proven to reduce heart failure admissions by 37%.
- Shows 78% reduction in heart failure hospital readmissions
- Features a miniaturized wireless sensor that can be implanted using catheter-based procedure
- Permanent implant with no battery or replaceable parts
- Home electronics system that is simple and easy for patients to use, yet sophisticated enough to provide clinicians with valuable clinical insight
- PA pressures are accurately measured through electronic media
- Approximately 98.6% of patients were free from device or system complications